Code of Ethics
Ethical dilemmas occur when values are in conflict. ProSkaters states the values to which its members commit. The principles of this Code are expressed in broad statements to guide ethical decision making. These statements provide a framework; they cannot and do not dictate conduct to cover particular situations.
Only members in good standing maintain the right to identify themselves as current ProSkaters members, and agree to abide by the following principles:
- To continually strive to increase the recognition and respect of professional figure skating.
- To never intentionally misrepresent one’s self and list only accurate information on resumes, applications, ProSkaters web site, or the particulars of a production or employment opportunity.
- To conduct all business dealings and professional activities with the highest standards of integrity.
- To meet professional financial obligations promptly.
- To recognize and respect intellectual property rights, which shall include but not be limited to, choreography, photography, costume and stage design.
- To never intentionally injure the professional reputation of another member.
- To never advance private interests at the expense of the well-being of the ProSkaters.
- To promote this Code of Ethics within the professional skating universe.
Adopted December 29, 2003