Code of Ethics
Ethical dilemmas occur when values are in conflict. ProSkaters states the values to which its members commit. The
principles of this Code are expressed in broad statements to guide ethical
decision making. These statements provide a framework; they cannot and do not
dictate conduct to cover particular situations.
Only members in good standing maintain the right to identify themselves as
current ProSkaters members, and agree to abide by the following principles.
- To continually strive to increase the recognition and respect of
professional figure skating.
- To never intentionally misrepresent one's self and list only accurate
information on resumes, applications, ProSkaters web site, or the particulars of a
production or employment opportunity.
- To conduct all business dealings and professional activities with the
highest standards of integrity.
- To meet professional financial obligations promptly.
- To recognize and respect intellectual property rights, which shall include
but not be limited to, choreography, photography, costume and stage design.
- To never intentionally injure the professional reputation of another
- To never advance private interests at the expense of the well-being of the
- To promote this Code of Ethics within the professional skating universe.
Adopted December 29, 2003